Tuesday 10 January 2012

Minecraft - Week 1

Day 1

I've woken up in the leaves of a small copse of trees. I'm not sure how I got here, but I'm on the edge of a broad desert, beside a lake.

There's a mountain of dirt and sand beside me, which I have begun to clear to gain shelter from the sun.

There is life here, for I found a sheep and killed it. I have made a rudimentary house, and I am hearing noises in the night.

What seems to be a giant spider is prowling around outside of the makeshift door I constructed of the rough-hewn planks of my new surroundings.

The night stretches on.

Unnerved beyond bearing, I ventured out to quell the noises, and was ambushed from above by two of the beasts, lying in wait above my chamber door. I slayed one and the other fled, although I am now heavily wounded.

I've somehow managed to return to the relative safety of what I am now considering my home, and I shall wait out the night.

Through my own choice, and not at all due to what appears to be a zombie pressed up against the lattice of my door.

What hellish place is this that I have found myself in?


Day 2

I explored further afield and found what appears to be an ocean.

 Swimming to cool off, I lost all of my gear. Returning to shore I found an island with a deep cave and began to build a second base of operations on the beach, working through the night to clear the ground of debris and the sand and dirt washed there by the tide. I builtg up a wall of banked earth along the perimiter and began digging down to the solid stone foundations of the island.


Day 3

Returned home and developed my land further with the materials gained, building a bridge and starting to fence off the sea.


 Day 4

Got lost in the desert and then found an island of stone I decided to turn into a mine / another temporary house.

An unknown amount of time was spent underground expanding and developing my new home before I surfaced for more supplies of wood and food.

Back safely, I now settle down for my first comfortable night in a make-shift bed, far from the prowlings and murmurings of this islands monsters.