Thursday 12 January 2012

Minecraft - Week 4

I dreamt of a floating island.

 I climbed up to it by stacking rocks as high as 20 of me, and then I stared out across this new world before jumping, falling to land mere paces from a lake which would have saved me.

I woke from this nightmare in my bed, and began my day by fashioning torches for further exploration and refinement of my mines.

I plan to construct tunnels and begin a throrough exploration of the areas I wandered into in my pilgrimage.

A return to the horrors of my first night here came about whilst I was redirecting the flow of an irrigation channel I had made from the sea.

Following the stream of water down, I was shot at from below, in the seething cauldron which formed the base of the waterfall.

Twisting out of the way, I saw a skeleton below me, notching another arrow to its bow, and another of the zombie-ish creatures which had been my inititation into the feral horrors of this land.


Luckily my new armour sustained most of the blows and I was able to pierce the zombie creatures skull with the point of my diamond pick, swatting the skeleton to shattered pieces in a couple of extra blows.

If these are the creatures I can expect to find whilst exploring, I had best fashion a proper sword soon, and my expedition to gather resources for such a task struck gold, or rather diamonds, but sadly I lost them to the magma in my haste to excavate as much as I could, only being able to salvage a single fragment.

My redirected water supply has cooled off the majority of the magma in the level I am currently working on however, and gifted me an ample supply of that curious black stone I recognise as obsidian.

I'm unsure how many days I have spent toiling now, but I have structured a staircase and passage system descending into the depths of my lair, and I have a rudimentary layout etched out for further exploration.

I am lacking wood as a resource, with no trees growing on my island.

I shall need to plant and tend to some soon, or extend a land-bridge across to a more fertile land mass.